The Vocational Teacher Program works as an induction program to enable overseas qualified teachers to familiarise themselves with the Australian vocational curriculum and teaching practices in the Vocational Education System in Australia.
Participants will gain an understanding of competency- based learning and the relationship between education and training, industry engagement and employment.
- Overview of competency based training (CBT and assessment
- Design and develop learning programs
- Make a presentation
- Plan, organise and facilitate learning
- Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- Teaching methodology and CBT
- Provide work skill instruction
- Plan assessment activities and processes
9am – 3pm
(30 hours a week – 120 hours)